Century Glen HOA -- Supporting Neighbors and Our Community
Century Glen HOA is an all Volunteer Non Profit Board formally Tract No. 7260 Association. It all began with oil rights in the early 1920's, when oil derricks blighted the bean fields in West Los Angeles. In the mid-1950's, with the tract fully developed, Universal Oil Company promised Century Glen homeowners big monthly checks in exchange for the rights to drill for oil under their land. In response, in 1956, the homeowners formed Tract 7260 Association Inc. / Century Glen HOA to work out terms that the ugly oil derricks would never be resuscitated. Homeowners collected on slant drilling in oil royalties, but a decade later the oil checks stopped coming. The biggest change to the tract was caused by the sale of the Fox backlot. Fox was facing cost overruns on the production of Cleopatra, cash strapped Fox Studio's sold the real estate to magnate William Zeckendorf. The next year Zeckendorf and partner Alcoa's goal was to transform the backlot into a city within a city. As work on Century City was starting, Century Glen stepped in to ease the impacts of construction on traffic and the environment.
Century Glen HOA pushed through construction of islands on both Olympic and Santa Monica Boulevards at Fox Hills Drive in order to keep traffic from cutting through the tract. The tract also secured an easement on Century Park West to prohibit cars from using the western boundaries of Century City as a short cut through the tract. Then in 1976, the Century City Shopping Center expanded. Many of the tract's parking problems were also solved in 1981 when the Century Glen Board pushed through the city's first permit parking ordinance. Century Glen was named Parking District # 1.
Century Glen is known for its strong sense of community, its quiet suburban nature and its proximity to Century City / Westfield Shopping Center. Century Glen is where Tom Mix and Buck Jones once saddled their horses for Fox Studios.
As a Century Glen homeowner, you continue to enjoy a great quality of living, very low crime and the highest recorded home values in history. Join us to keep Century Glen strong and free of traffic!
VIEW THE HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF CENTURY CITY HERE:
1) First homeowners association to be awarded #1 Preferential parking passes.
2) Petitioned DOT and awarded Digital Speed signs on Beverly Glen between Santa Monica Blvd and Olympic Blvd.
3) Installed Neighborhood watch deterrent signs on every corner off a major street.
4) Established the Century Glen HOA Security Lawn signs.
5) Changing the association name from Tract 7260 to Century Glen HOA to increase home values.
6) Slowing development / traffic throughout Century City and Westfield’s mall.
7) Convincing Ralphs to use shopping cart device GateStop locking systems to keep the shopping carts off the HOA ‘s sidewalks.
8) Restricting Ralph’s promotions on free alcohol tastings on premise.
9) Replaced removed speed bumps on Fox Hills drive after many years.
10) Reinstalled broken traffic diverters on Olympic Blvd / Fox Hills Drive and on Beverly Glen / Santa Monica Blvd.
11) Succeeded In getting Fox Studios at Fox Hills drive / Tennessee exit gate to discontinue any deliveries and vehicle traffic from the gate.
12) Fought to downsize the Fox Studio lot expansion project.
13) Stopping the development of an exit / entrance gates at Century Park West and Olympic Blvd for the Fox studio employees.
14) Stopping the development of a liquor store at the corner of Olympic Blvd and Bellwood.
15) Petitioned DWP and received new water mainlines throughout the Century Glen HOA.
Copyright © CenturyGlen.org / CenturyGlen.com
"Since 1956" All rights reserved.
Your Information is considered confidential and is never sold or shared with other organizations or businesses.
Powered by GoDaddy